Friday, February 20, 2009

Obama, I Convert to Thee

Though not commented on in this space previously, it has long been Uncle Bob's Take that these bailouts, stimulus spending, etc is simply poor fiscal policy, with dire consequences down the road. But I have come around, have seen the light as it were. Today as I did my morning soak in the hot tub I was startled to read the following headline in the Wall Street Journal: "Playboy, Posting Loss, Says it Would Consider Sale". NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The Bunnies need a bailout. Playboy is looking at further reductions than the the 14% Bunny reduction it has already experienced. This cannot happen. These hardworking young ladies have a specific talent not unlike the UAW worker in a GM plant. And is Playboy not as iconic American institution as GM or Ford? Playboy revenues have, ahem, been sagging for some time. Who better than Hef to get a stimulus?? I am suggesting that a blue ribbon panel be formed at once headed up by former President Bill Clinton to look into saving this staple of Americana. I know you can do it Mr. President and God Bless you for it.

6 comments:

hncfarley said...

Good one! We are actually considering stop paying our mortgage and letting the government subsidize our house. We are also thinking about getting a pet chimp.

hncfarley said...

Holly says:
Tim, seriously, post more! This is hilarious. I don't have enough time to keep up on all the political goings-on and it would be helpful if you would keep us all posted.

lindemrm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lindemrm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lindemrm said...

I couldn't possibly agree more. If there was ever a time when we needed the unique still set of President Clinton (and I don't think there has been) it's now.

-Call me sometime Monday. I can't seem to get an email to go through to you, they keep bouncing.

Ashley and Evan said...

Evan and I are in agreement with Holly. You definitely need to post more, especially on important issues like this.

I wonder if the sagging sales have anything to do with the Girls Next Door going off the air. So sad...so sad.