Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Uncle Bob Exposes Himself???


I was advised not to show this picture as I would be "outing" myself. What am I Ellen?? Elton John??? The BeeGees? Anyway, Bob's idea of don't ask don't tell is to ignore that chunk floating around in his soup.

So, Who is Uncle Bob? No clear picture has been available to date. So...in this photo I declare, Bob. (Uncle Bob is in the middle).

Monday April 12th was the 2010 STL Cardinals HomeOpener. Other than honeymoon and maybe a trip to Cabo, Uncle Bob and little brother have gone to HomeOpeners for 10+ years.

In this photo Uncle Bob also for the first time shows a picuture of his daughter. She is on the left and looks like her Mother, Mrs. Uncle Bob. Sadly I cannot come up w/a catchy name like Mrs. Uncle Bob for her, so I'll call her "Lea".

"Lea" goes to school in STL, I'm sure I have mentioned in previous posts. I act as though this is the first time I have shared "Lea"'s existence in my world, but it is, well, my world. "Lea" has been going to school in STL now for 2 straight quaters with nothing but A's. She lives down in the loft district down from her school and 15 minutes from the ballpark!!

Ozzie Smith longtime Cardinal shortstop (for those of you like Mrs. Uncle Bob that is the position bewtween 2nd and 3rd base) and he recently opened up a sports bar 2-4 blocks down from "Lea's" place. So after the game, 5-0 Redbird victory, a Big Red W, we went down for supper.

Ozzie was there signing autographs, we each got a couple, including the special H.O.F. '02--which means Hall of Fame 2002, the year he was inducted.

Uncle Bob is reluctant to have his picture taken, especially when not having the time to fix his hair. But Bob is a trooper and agreed to the photo.

Mr. Smith acknowledged a following of Uncle Bob's Take and insisted on a photo of Uncle Bob and "Lea"; soon to be on display at the restaurnat.

I can't deny I live a very special life. One week at the Masters, limo rides, Tiger, etal. The next week Cardinal HomeOpener with little Brother, spending time with "Lea", meeting the Wizard, Ozzie Smith, his autograth, pictures on so forth.

Uncle Bob's Take: None of Bob's experiences mean nothing without "Lea" or little Brother, or Mrs. Uncle Bob, or his Little Buddies. For their own good Uncle Bob is relucant to "out" Mom and Dad, whom without, Uncle Bob would not be. Uncle Bob surrounds himself with good people. They are what make's Bob's life special, not the superficial parts to Bob's life.

1 comment:

Ashley and Evan said...

For what it's worth, your hair looks fantastic! It's like you were made for the camera.